All notable changes to
sentinelsat will be listed here.
[0.13] – 2019-04-05¶
- Query keywords with interval ranges now also support single-sided ranges by using
'*'to denote no bound, for example
query(date=(None, 'NOW-1YEAR')). If both bounds are set to unlimited, the keyword will be removed from the query. (#210)
- Raise an exception in case of duplicate keywords present in a query. Case is ignored to match the server-side behavior. (#210)
- Support for Python 3.7
- Support for GeoJSON files with a single
- Added support for Unicode symbols in search queries. (#230)
- Raise ValueError exception if longitude is outside [-180, 180] or latitude is outside [-90, 90] (#236, #218 @Andrey-Raspopov)
timeoutattribute to avoid indefinite wait on response from the server (#256, @viktorbahr)
- Parsing the
IngestionDatefields of an OData response
- Trying to download an offline product from the Copernicus Open Access Hub triggers its retrieval from the long term archive. Downloading of the product is not scheduled.
- Added support for downloading Sentinel 5P data in the CLI via the ‘--sentinel 5’ flag
- Add support in the CLI for reading credentials from ~/.netrc and document existing functionality in the API (#90)
- Spaces in query parameter values are now handled correctly be escaping them with a backslash, where appropriate. (#169, #211)
- Fixed some CLI errors not returning a non-zero exit code. (#209)
- Fixed typo for
area_relationquery parameter documentation from
'Intersects'. (#225 @scottstanie)
check_query_length()logic to match the changed server-side behavior. (#230)
- Clarify usage of GeoJSON files with CLI in docs (#229 @psal93)
to_geopandas()now returns an empty GeoDataFrame for an empty product list input.
[docs]with a single
[dev]installation extras target. (#208)
- Adapted .travis.yml to build fiona and pyproj from source for Python 3.7.
- Minimum pytest version
pytest >= 3.6.3required by
- The existing practice of not accessing the network from unit tests, unless running with
--vcr reset, is now enforced by throwing a
SocketBlockedErrorin such cases. (#207)
[0.12.2] – 2018-06-20¶
- made exceptions more verbose regarding optional dependencies (#176)
- CLI username, password and DHuS URL can be set with environment variables
- added information about known errors and DHuS issues to docs (#186, @martinber)
- remove hard coded product type list from cli (#190, @lenniezelk)
- Made the function signature of
count()fully compatible with
query(). Irrelevant parameters are simply ignored.
- environment variables
SENTINEL_PASSWORDare superceded by
- Updated handling of invalid queries. An exception is raised in such cases. #168
order_byparameter being ignored in queries that require multiple subqueries (that is, queries that return more than 100 products) (#200)
- Special handling of quote symbols in query strings due to a server-side error is no longer necessary and has been removed. #168
- Updated effective query length calculation in
check_query_length()to reflect server-side changes.
- skip failing tests on optional dependency Pandas for Python 3.3 and 3.4
- Unit tests work irrespective of the directory they are run from.
[0.12.1] – 2017-10-24¶
- Made checksumming the default behavior, and removed its flag from the CLI. (@gbaier2)
requestsencoding to UTF8
- fixed a backwards incompatible change in the
- inconsistent documentation on the use of range parameters such as
[0.12.0] – 2017-08-10¶
- Option to change the type of spatial relation for the AOI in
query(). The choices are ‘Interesects’, ‘Contains’ and ‘IsWithin’.
query()which controls the fields by which the products are sorted on the server side before being returned.
-o/--order-byon the CLI.
limitthe number of products returned by
query()and to set the number of products to skip via
-l/--limiton the CLI.
query()to append any additional raw query string to the query.
- Query parameters that take intervals as values can now be passed a tuple of the interval range values.
- Date validation and parsing has been extended to all date-type parameters in queries, such as ‘ingestiondate’.
count()which quickly returns the number of products matching a query on the server without retrieving the full response.
check_query_lengthto check if a query will fail because of being excessively long.
- Option to adjust the number of decimal figures in the coordinates of the WKT string returned by
- CLI option to query by UUID (
--uuid) or filename (
- A more informative error message is shown if a too long query string was likely the cause of the query failing on the server side. This can be useful if the WKT string length would cause the query to fail otherwise.
- Progressbars can be disabled by setting
False. Progressbars may be customized by overriding the
- Contribution guidelines.
- Tests for validity of documentation and RST files.
- Merged CLI subcommands
- CLI uses keywords instead of positional arguments, i.e.
query()have been replaced with a single
dateparameter that takes a tuple of start and end dates as input.
- Files being downloaded now include an ‘.incomplete’ suffix in their name until the download is finished.
download_all(). Similar functionality has been provided in the new
format_query_datehas been changed into a public function.
- Added a progressbar to long-running queries.
- Tests can now be run from any directory rather than the repository root.
- Made the query string slightly more compact by getting rid of unnecessary ‘AND’ operators, spaces and parentheses.
- Reduced the size of the VCR.py cassettes used in unit tests.
- changed license from AGPLv3 to GPLv3+
query_raw()has been merged with
query()and is deprecated. Use
- Show the correct progress value in the download progressbar when continuing from an incomplete file. (Thanks @gbaier!)
- Added a workaround for a server-side bug when plus symbols are used in a query.
[0.11] – 2017-06-01¶
requests. This makes installation significantly easier. (#117)
- An exception is raised in
download_all()if all downloads failed.
- Change ‘Sentinels Scientific Datahub’ to ‘Copernicus Open Access Hub’ (#100)
--vcr resetto better reflect its true behavior.
[0.10] – 2017-05-30¶
- GeoJSON footprints are allowed to contain just a single geometry instead of a feature collection. Any geometry type that has a WKT equivalent is supported (rather than only Polygons).
get_product_odata()can be used to get the full metadata information available for a product if
query_raw()that takes full text search string as input and returns a parsed dictionary just like the updated
--sentinel=<int>option to select satellite (constellation)
SentinelAPI, etc. can be directly imported from
areaargument expects a WKT string as input instead of a coordinate string. (Issue #101)
- Date arguments can be disabled by setting them to
Noneand their values are validated on the client side. (Issue #101)
- The return value has been changed to a dict of dicts of parsed metadata values. One entry per product with the product ID as the key.
download_all()expects a list of product IDs as input. This is compatible with the output of
get_coordinates()has been replaced with functions
geojson_to_wkt(). (Issue #101)
- Use more compact and descriptive error messages from the response headers, if available.
--sentinel2will be removed with the next major release
to_dict()has been removed since it is no longer required.
load_query()has been made private (renamed to
- Fixed invalid GeoJSON output in both the CLI and API. (Issue #104)
- Fixed broken reporting of failed downloads in the CLI. (Issue #88)
- Attempting to download a product with an invalid ID no longer creates an infinite loop and a more informative error message is displayed in the CLI.
[0.9.1] – 2017-03-06¶
--versionoption to command line utilities
- install requirements for building the documentation
- documentation of sorting with
[0.9] – 2017-02-26¶
to_geodataframewhich convert the response content to respective types. The pandas, geopandas and shapely dependencies are not installed by default.
--footprintsnow includes all returned product properties in the output.
KeyError('No results returned.')is no longer returned for zero returned products in a response.
- Added underscore to methods and functions that are not expected to be used outside the package.
- Instance variables
contenthave been removed,
last_status_codehave been made private.
[0.8.1] – 2017-02-05¶
- added a changelog
- use logging instead of print
- docs represent new
[0.8] – 2017-01-27¶
- options to create new, reset or ignore vcr cassettes for testing
querynow returns a list of search results
download_allrequires the list of search results as an argument
SentinelAPIdoes not save query results as class attributes
[0.7.3] – 2016-12-09¶
page_sizeto better reflect pagination
- tests use
- support GeoJSON polygons with optional (third) z-coordinate
[0.7.1] – 2016-10-28¶
- pagination support for query results
- number of query results per page set to 100
[0.6.5] – 2016-06-22¶
- support for large queries
- Removed redundant information from Readme that is also present on Readthedocs
[0.6.1] – 2016-04-22¶
- Sphinx documentation setup with autodoc and numpydoc
- Redthedocs.org integration
[0.4.3] – 2015-11-23¶
- option to select a different dhus api
https://scihub.esa.int/apihub/as standard url
[0.4] – 2015-09-28¶
- method to manually select the CA certificate bundle
- function to return footprints of the queried Sentinel scenes
- CA-certificate SSL errors
[0.1] – 2015-06-05¶
- first release